Greetings in the Name of the Lord, We kindly request you to assist your child / children with the Lessons. And we thank you for your support at all times. God bless you!
During this time of Country-wide Lockdown, we trust you have enjoyed learning the provided list of Bible Verses. A Bible verse daily means that you have now learnt 21 verses. We have confidence in you that you will complete the full List by the end of Lockdown. An additional list will be issued later.
A Valuable Possession
Let us now learn about the Parables of Jesus, which were many. Parables are stories with a meaning to teach a lesson or Hidden Truth and that would allow the hearers to make an important decision in their life, to either reject a truth or accept it. Jesus spoke in Parables;
- Jesus wanted to make known who He was and what His Mission was.
- Jesus went around inviting people to follow Him.
- And we know that Jesus announced that God would come and rule the earth as king.
- Now, the Israelites because they were under Roman rule at that time, thought that The Kingdom of God would come about by fighting and conquering the Romans. But Jesus came the opposite way. It was contrary to what their expectations were. He would give His Life so that they could live eternally.
- And when the disciples asked Jesus why he always spoke in parables to the crowds of people that followed Him, He answered that – it was given to them (the disciples) to know The mysteries of The Kingdom, but not to them (the masses of people).
- The Parables would be made known to them (The followers of Jesus). So His Message would be clear to them but not to the crowds). It would be hidden from them who wouldn’t understand them.
- Now keep in mind that: Things that are valuable are precious. They are worth a lot. They are priceless. They are treasures.
Class let us think of:
Precious things; things worth a lot of money, these things may mean a lot to you. A Precious thing is something you would always want to have or to keep…
Name a few now…
Name anything at home that you love and would always want to have. …
Or someone that is very precious or dear to you:
Often somethings that other people have and you do not have, would be something you would love to have… would be valuable or precious to you.
Gold or riches or a big house, great possessions…